Statistics taken from Sensor Tower show the rate of augmented reality apps being downloaded on Apple’s AR platform ARKit is on the rise. Since September 2017, ARKit apps have received a reported 13 millions+ downloads from the 2000 that are readily available today. The increase in developers is also on the rise as the benefits of using ARKit as a platform for developing AR apps are clear. What makes the platform perfect for AR app developers is it comes with many of the required feature that meet the criteria. Motion tracking, plane detection and light estimation. These features are essential in creating realistic AR experiences that can seemingly blend in with the real world. Most Downloaded ARKit Apps AR games holds the top spot with almost half of the entire ARKit only apps being gaming experiences. Or, 47% to be exact. The other 53% percent generally account for entertainment, lifestyle and educational apps. ARKit has so far seen just one AR porn app created on the platform. The image shows the rate of downloads in the last 6 months.AR Dragon holds the top spot in the free AR apps section, closely followed by Ikea Place and Zombie GunShip Revenant. While the…